Become an MBEA Endorsing Organization!
These organizations such as Chambers of Commerce, Service Organizations, and Professional Associations, Educational Institutions — are asked to help in ‘getting the word out’ concerning the MBEA and what it stands for.
There is no financial commitment required. Current MBEA Endorsing Organizations are listed at this link: 2017 Endorsing Organizations and will be included in the official program for the Annual Awards Luncheon.
Endorsing Organizations are asked to:
- Promote the MBEA program to the organization’s membership by:
- Arranging for a brief presentation or announcement about the MBEA program at one of your regular meetings, and
- Placing MBEA promotional material in your print or electronic newsletters and other communications ( a media kit will be provided by the MBEA, including ad slicks, electronic advertisements, other ‘camera-ready’ materials, and content for social media.
- Most important,EO’s are asked to encourage their members to nominate one or more Minnesota businesses for the Minnesota Business Ethics Award, including their own employers (nominations deadline is January 20, 2017).
- Recruiting one or two volunteers to assist the MBEA in contacting nominated companies during the month of February (volunteers plug into one brief training session and help by contacting several nominated companies by phone and email).
- Encouraging their members and guests to attend the MBEA Awards Luncheon on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at The Nicollet Island Pavilion.
Become a Liaison!
There is no financial commitment required. Current Liaisons are listed at this link: 2017 Liaisons (linked when available) and will be included in the official program for the Annual Awards Luncheon. As the nomination phase is concluding, it is time to concentrate on the important task of converting nominations into actual entries for the Award. We want each Nominee Company to fully understand the MBEA entry and judging process, and we want each Nominee Company to fully appreciate the considerable advantages that accrue to the Company itself as a result of completing an entry for the Award.
To assist in this effort we are recruiting volunteer MBEA Nominee Liaisons, each of whom will be asked to relate on a personal basis to several Nominee Companies. Specifically, the duties of each Nominee Liaison will consist of the following:
a) Have an initial telephone conversation with the designated contact at the Nominee Company and confirm the correct contact person.
b) If possible, participate in at least one on-site visit with the Nominee Company, for the purpose of further explaining the MBEA program, the entry process, and the associated benefits.
c) Maintain liaison with the Nominee Company, answering questions and providing help, as required, assisted by members of the MBEA Steering Committee.
Liaison training is provided. For further information on becoming an MBEA Endorsing Organization or a Liaison, contact MBEA Steering Committee member Glaydon Iverson at 612-247-9905 Glaydon.Iverson@theplatinumgrp.com or fill out the “Get Involved” form at the following link: