About the MBEA
The Minnesota Business Ethics Award recognizes Minnesota businesses that have exemplified and promoted ethical conduct for the benefit of the workplace, the marketplace, the environment and the community. It was founded in 1999 by the Center for Ethical Business Cultures and the Society of FSP – Twin Cities Chapter. The Rotary Club of Edina joined as an award sponsor from 2004-2009. The Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants joined as an award sponsor from 2009-2012. The National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors – Minnesota joined as an award sponsor in 2012.
Each year a call for nominations is issued. A business may be nominated for an award by a customer, client, employee, vendor or a private citizen who is impressed with a company’s demonstration of ethical business conduct. Business people and organizations from throughout the state are encouraged to participate in the nomination process by completing a Nomination Form.
Nominated companies are required to complete an official Entry Form and provide documentation of “ethics-in-action” at their company. The MBEA is presented in three categories: large companies with over 500 employees, medium size companies of 100-500 employees and small companies of under 100 employees.
The entries are judged by a preliminary and a Blue Ribbon independent panel of judges representing business and academia. Award recipients are recognized at an awards luncheon banquet.
Local finalists may also enter a national competition that culminates in the American Business Ethics Awards.
About the Steering Committee
The Steering Committee is a dedicated group of volunteers from Sponsors, Past Recipients, and Endorsing Organizations that share a passion for raising the bar of business ethics. They meet regularly throughout the year organizing and implementing MBEA. If you share similar interests and a heart for service we want you to become engaged with some of the finest people and companies in Minnesota. We encourage you to call us at (651) 815-0668 to become a part of the Steering Committee.
2012-2013 Steering Committee Members
- Linda Bartlet, CLU – Director, Advanced Marketing at Foster Klima & Company, LLC
- Sandy Beeson – Chapter Executive of the Society of Financial Service Professionals Twin Cities Chapter
- Jim Christian, CLU ChFC – President of Jim Christian Inc.
- Richard Dworsky, CFP, CLU, CRPC, APMA – Financial Advisor at Ameriprise Financial
- Terri Hastings – Director of Programs and Operations at the Center for Ethical Business Cultures
- Dennis Hykes – retired
- Fran Lyon-Dugin – Lyon-Dugin & Associates
- Tom Mork – President & CEO of Lakeview Bank
- Carl Peterson, CPA – Managing Partner at Peterson, Peterson & Associates, PLC
- Rebecca Ribich – Attorney-at-Law with Brekke, Clyborne & Ribich L.L.C.
- David Rodbourne – MBEA Co-Chair and Vice President of the Center for Ethical Business Cultures
- Dyanne Ross-Hanson, CLU CFP, ChFC – MBEA Co-chair, President of Exit Planning Strategies, LLC
- Cary Tutelman, CJT Company
The American Business Ethics Award
Learn more about the American Business Ethics Award (ABEA) here: http://www.financialpro.org/foundation/abea/abeadescription.htm